University of London LLB (Hons)
General Rules for all Standard Entry Students
- You must be registered for a minimum of 30 credits and a maximum of 120 credits at each level of study.
- On first registration, you must register to study Legal System & Method (LSM).
- If you have completed the University of London Certificate of Higher Education in Common Law you may be awarded credit and progress directly to Level 5.
You must complete at least 60 credits at Level 4, including Legal Systems & Method (LSM) before progressing to Level 5.
Four compulsory modules
- Legal System & Method (LSM)
- Criminal Law
- Public Law
- Contract Law
Level 5 & 6
To progress to Level 5 and 6, you must be concurrently registered for any remaining Level 4 modules. To register for any optional modules, you must have passed or be concurrently registered for Tort Law at Level 5 and at least one other core or compulsory module at Level 6.
Three compulsory module
- Tort Law
- Property Law
- EU Law
One optional module chosen from:
- Family Law
- Administrative Law
- Commercial Law
- International Protection of Human Rights
Two compulsory modules
- Jurisprudence and Legal Theory
- Equity and Trusts
Two optional modules chosen from:
- Intellectual Property
- Introduction to Islamic Law
- Conflict of Laws
- Public International Law
- Company Law